The events hosted by spatial@ucsb bring UCSB and off-campus scholars together to demonstrate the many ways that spatial thinking and analysis can advance knowledge, promote creativity, and help solve theoretical and applied problems.
- ThinkSpatial Brown Bag Presentations: Informal noon-time sessions that feature theories, concepts, tools, and applications for spatial thinking.
- Specialist Meetings: Annual meetings on a relevant theme, such as smart campus, spatial demography, and spatial thinking, that convene specialists in the particular field.
- email@example.com: An annual poster display and plenary session bringing together users of spatial technology from academia and the private and public sectors from Santa Barbara and Ventura Counties.
- Spatial Technology Lunches: A series of informal talks that provide a research forum for graduate students and faculty, as well as local technologists.
- Lightning Talks: An annual series of rapid-fire talks on geographically-flavored topics. Presenters are allotted a maximum of three minutes.